BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 15, 2011

RAOK

Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to receive"

Random Acts of Kindness

Wow... I am in absolute awe of my amazing kids. They truly have a giving heart. Two weeks ago I decided as a class that we should demonstrate acts of kindness around the school. I challenged the kids to think of 10 people or groups of people that they would like to give back to. I really wanted them to see how much better it is to give than to receive.

Well the outcome was way more than I ever though possible. Every morning they were eager to find out who we were going to do RAOK. They lit up when they gave back to others and more importantly the people receiving were shocked, happy, and grateful. Some kids were even excited do their own version of RAOK at home and shared with me. It was such a great experience. Definitely one I will have to keep doing over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment