BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 28, 2011

Outrageous Rotations

International Day was on October 7th! (I know late post!) As a team we each chose one country to highlight in our classrooms. Then each class rotated to the other classroom teachers where they learned about another country. We called it "Outrageous Rotations." The kids absolutely loved it and I enjoyed getting to know some of the other 2nd graders. It was a neat experience. Of course, I wasn't on my A game and didn't take too many pictures but figured I would post the couple I had. In our class we studied Egypt. I made a PowerPoint and had lots of posters around as well as Egyptian artifacts. The kids were pretty fascinated. I taught them about hieroglyphics and they wrote their name. One student told me, "this was the best thing I have learned all year...I think ever in school." WOW pretty exciting and a little worrying for me. Guess I need to spice up my lessons! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment